There are various recipes to make espresso martini. They can be really rich with a sweet chocolate dessert taste. Some can have a tinge of cinnamon while some can be mild or dry. This recipe you find here is one of the most common espresso martini recipes you can make for yourself. I’d recommend using a single cup espresso machine to get the espresso that’s perfect for this martini.
- 3 Fluid Ounces of Vanilla Vodka
- 1.5 fluid ounces of brewed espresso
- 1.5 fluid ounces Kahlua*
- 1.5 fluid ounces
- Heavy Cream or Half and Half
*For those unacquainted with Kahlua, it is Mexican coffee-flavored liqueur.
- Fill a cocktail shaker 2/3 full with ice.
- Add ingredients and shake well until very cold.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- In a plastic bottle with a narrow tip, add some heavy cream.
- Starting from the center of the drink, start a spiral and circle to the outside of the glass.
- Then take a stirrer or a toothpick and starting in the center of the drink, drag the stirrer to the edge of the glass.
- Return to the center of the drink, and repeat the procedure in “pie segments” to make a ‘web’ with the heavy cream (or make any design that you’d like).
Of course, there are many other ingredients you can use but try this one first.