One of the best dessert (or breakfast) dishes I make. And so simple.
And so good, you just might want to hide it.
Nutella Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf Challah or French bread
- 1 jar Nutella
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups heavy cream or whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F. Slice the bread and make into Nutella sandwiches; then slice the sandwiches into cubes. Place the cubes in a greased 9-inch by 13-inch pan.
- In a saucepan over low heat, add milk and sugar, and cook until sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes. Add vanilla and remove from heat. Allow cooling slightly then add the eggs in and mix.
- Pour mixture on top of Nutella sandwich cubes. Place dish in the oven and cook for 40 minutes, or until set and golden.